Date(s) - 24/06/2017 - 25/06/2017
Keele Sustainablity Hub (Home Farm)
Categories No Categories
Nordic Walking Weekend Course | Walk This Way (June 2017)
£55 per person – weekend course
*** Special Offer ***
£60 per person – weekend course, plus first 2 guided weekly walks (including pole hire)
£93 per person – weekend course, plus first 8 guided weekly walks (including pole hire)
Keele – Course 24th/25th June
Want to get fitter this year and put a spring in your step? Do you want to learn how to Nordic walk as a new hobby that keeps you fit and gets you out and about and socialising? Why not join our next course in June?
Walk This Way – learning the right way to walk COURSE
We’ll be teaching a new group of beginners the British Nordic Walking and INWA 10 Step technique in the beautiful surroundings of of Keele University Campus.
Following this ‘learn to walk’ course, participants will be invited to join our regular weekly walking groups. Details of the benefits of Nordic walking activities, can be found on our Nordic walking page.
Location & Times | Keele, Staffordshire
Weekend Experience will be held at the Green Keele University Campus –
Meet at Home Farm Sustainability Hub (both days):
Day 1 Session 1 – 10.30am to 12noon (technique), break for lunch, Session 2 – 1.00pm to 2.30pm (walk practice in landscape).
Day 2 Session 3 – 10.30am to 12noon (technique), break for lunch, Session 4 – 1.00pm to 2.30pm (walk practice, extended countryside walk).
Note – Sessions may be subject to postponement due to inclement weather. Alternative later local sessions would be offered in the event of a postponement.
Booking, Payment & Preparation
Early booking is required to avoid disappointment as places are limited. Please Contact Us to arrange booking and payment. (Places cannot be secured until payment is received).
All participants will be required to complete a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PARQ), which assesses that your readiness to participate – which will be eMailed to you. Participants are advised to read the form and assess their readiness to participate and to seek medical advice from their doctor (GP) if unsure (and we reserve the option to refuse participation if this is deemed inadvisable). Please add details of your height to the form, to allow the correct sized poles to be allocated.
All participants must come equipped with suitable clothing and footwear, ensuring that you bring along the following:
- Trainers with a good cushioned sole and tread/grip to provide a foothold on outdoor surfaces (which can be muddy). Waterproof trainers are advisable as we will be walking on grass some of the time which may be wet.
- A waterproof lightweight coat.
- Leggings or track suit bottoms which are close fitting around the ankles (flared trousers can inhibit walking with poles).
- Bottled water or alternative drinks, sufficient for all sessions.
- Snacks and a packed lunch each day (there are some facilities on the main campus where alternatives to providing your packed lunch may be purchased).
- Any medication that you might normally need for physical activity.
- A small compact camera, if you wish to take photos.
- A small back pack to carry water, snacks and personal belongings. This should be small enough not to obstruct arm swing movement during the walking.
Parking is free at weekends on the campus.
Contact Us to book now.