Date(s) - 09/06/2018 - 10/06/2018
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Nordic Walking Weekend | Walk This Way (June 2018) – £55 per person
Newcastle – 9th/10th June
Walk This Way – learning the right way to walk COURSE
We’ll be teaching a new group of beginners the British Nordic Walking and INWA 10 Step technique in Newcastle, and trying out our new walking skills in local country parks within the Staffordshire landscape.
Following this ‘learn to walk’ course, participants will be invited to join our regular weekly walking groups. Details of the benefits of Nordic walking activities, can be found on our Nordic walking page.
Location & Times | Newcastle, Staffordshire
Day 1 Session 1 – 9.00am to 10.30am (technique), break for tea/coffee/snack, Session 2 – 11.00am to 12.30pm (walk practice in landscape).
Day 2 Session 3 – 9.00am to 10.30am (technique), break for tea/coffee/snack, Session 4 – 11.00am to 12.30pm (walk practice, extended countryside walk).
6 hours tuition including walking practice in total.
Note – Sessions may be subject to postponement due to inclement weather. Alternative later local sessions would be offered in the event of a postponement. Precise meeting point details will be provided on booking.
Booking, Payment & Preparation
Please Contact Us to arrange booking and payment. (Places cannot be secured until payment is received).
All participants will be required to complete a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PARQ), which assesses that your readiness to participate – which will be eMailed to you. Participants are advised to read the form and assess their readiness to participate and to seek medical advice from their doctor (GP) if unsure (and we reserve the option to refuse participation if this is deemed inadvisable). Please add details of your height to the form, to allow the correct sized poles to be allocated.
All participants must come equipped with suitable clothing and footwear, ensuring that you bring along the following:
- Trainers with a good cushioned sole and tread/grip to provide a foothold on outdoor surfaces (which can be muddy). Waterproof trainers are advisable as we will be walking on grass some of the time which may be wet.
- A waterproof lightweight coat.
- Leggings or track suit bottoms which are close fitting around the ankles (flared trousers can inhibit walking with poles).
- Bottled water or alternative drinks, sufficient for all sessions.
- Bring a snack and each day.
- Any medication that you might normally need for physical activity.
- A small compact camera, if you wish to take photos.
- A small back pack to carry water, snacks and personal belongings. This should be small enough not to obstruct arm swing movement during the walking.
(Please note that this course is chargeable i.e. not funded through Newcastle Festival of Sport 2018).